Auto Body Repair Technician
Experienced Auto Body Repair Technician needed for a high volume and high performance quality collision repair facility in Savannah, Georgia.
If you’ve been itching to switch up your scenery and relocate to a new place, then here’s an opportunity that you don’t want to miss. Hollingsworth Auto Service is family owned and operated, and has been serving Savannah since 1917. Our attention to detail and quality work is known throughout the Lowcountry, and we have built relationships with our clients that have spanned generations. As an Auto Body Repair Technician, you will be stepping in to take on a role that is being vacated after 40 years of dedicated service.
Hollingsworth Auto Service is located in the heart of Savannah’s Downtown Historic District. The city is filled with history, museums, parks, concerts, festivals and more. As an added bonus, Tybee Island and the Atlantic Ocean is located just 20 minutes away from downtown Savannah.
Responsible for making proper repairs per company guidelines and to meet company standards of quality
The Body Repair Technician reports to the Production Manager. The Body Repair Technician is to provide his/her own hand tools and mobile tool cabinet
Essential Job Functions
- Make proper vehicle repairs using proper techniques and equipment
- Remove and replace sheet metal, glass and cosmetic parts as necessary
- Straighten/repair damaged panels and parts as necessary
- Bench vehicles and conduct frame pulls on vehicles as necessary
- Measure and document vehicle dimensions as required
- Restore and/or maintain vehicle corrosion protection
- Remove and replace suspension parts or engine and drive train as needed
- Service air conditioning, SRS systems, and electrical or brake systems as needed
- Assist in preparing Repair Plan for each Repair Order
- Update WIP board throughout the day
- Complete Pre and Post Diagnostic Scans on each R.O.
Additional Job Functions
- Assist in the smooth flow of work through the shop
- Maintain work area in clean and safe condition
- Keep production manager aware of work status
- Alert the production manager to any unusual problems or additional work needed on a vehicle
- Work with the Parts Manager to ensure correct, usable parts have been ordered and delivered, and check all parts for accuracy before beginning repairs
- Return all unused parts to the parts Manager
- Valid driver’s license
- 4+ years of experience
- Proper certifications or ability to obtain certifications
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic